Monday, January 27, 2020

1st tweaked drive

Following the few tweaks on the front suspensions, carburetors and cooling system, the weather decided to be “kind” so I went for a drive – just over 28 miles.

The road was a little greasy and the 1st impression is these Vredestein tyres are rubbish. After a few miles and despite the tyres, it is clear the car handles better, no roll or dive, predictable, relatively reactive steering – a really nice run-about.

The 948cc engine pulls nicely up to 3.5krpm and then, it becomes a little lazy; this is where a better breathing system would help (working on it πŸ˜‡)… 

As I had never fitted the roof or the side-screens on the car, I gave it a try and within 10 minutes, took the side-screens off... they interfered with the wing mirrors.


Really nice but yours truly did a “booboo”… As I got back to the garage, I noticed a splash of oil and had a look… the new steering rack gaiter split; when I first set it and filled the rack with gearbox oil, the tracking was out by 1 turn on the driver side. The steering setup was sorted out but, I forgot to reset the gaiter… so it was twisted (1 turn) and it split as soon as I put full lock…


Live & learn…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lockdown update!!!