Monday, February 17, 2020

Further tweaks…


After the booboo with the steering rack gaiter, Frosh was lifted again and the gaiter swap and I must say, I’m getting very good at crawling under and swap these oily pieces of rubber…😒
The suspension nuts and bolts were checked and the nipples were greased, ready for another spirited drive. This little Frosch is a lovely thing to drive however when changing gears, I must remember it is not a dog race gearbox… take it easy 😅

On bumpy (straight) back roads, the front shocks bottomed out causing a little bit of tyre rub. In tight spirited corners, tyres lost their grip momentarily and squealed as they gained it back. 🙈🙉🙊
  • The front shocks will definitely be rebuilt with uprated motorbike fork oil; a mixture of 20W and 30W – from some readings, 30W on its own can be too thick and cause some damage to the mechanism. Ideally, I will be aiming for 22 to 25W.
  • The rear will be fitted with the PME Panhard kit received late last week. Initial fitting test showed the fuel tank will have to come off to ease drilling and fit. As it is not urgent, some inner spreader backplates will be made from 2mm steel sheet.


As with the old Caterham, a spare washer bottle found its way to the engine bay. It’s there to collect the excess coolant spat out by the 7Lbs radiator cap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lockdown update!!!